My name is Kenneth John Odle. I make things on the web. On this website, I show you how to do what I do.
I work primarily with WordPress, which is not just a great blogging platform but also a fantastic content management system. I have created both plugins and themes for WordPress. A lot of what you’ll find here is about WordPress. If you are new to WordPress, the following posts are good places to start:
- “WordPress—Taking Your First Steps“
- “Criteria for Choosing WordPress Plugins“
- “WordPress Child Themes: The Whys and Hows“
- “Troubleshoot your WordPress Blog“
Here are my ten latest articles about WordPress:
- Install WordPress Plugins from a Zip File
- Install WordPress Plugins from the Dashboard
- Create Custom Menus in WordPress Redux
- Make WordPress Post Formats All They Can Be
- WordPress Settings API Cheat Sheet
- DreamObjects Backups
- Useful WordPress Plugins
- Subversion on Windows: A TortoiseSVN Workflow
- “Message Blocks” WordPress Plugin
- New WordPress Plugin in the Works!
I also use GetSimple as a content management system. Although it is not as powerful as WordPress, it’s much simpler to set up and use. I am a GetSimple theme author.
I also enjoy using Moodle (a learning management system), MediaWiki, and DocuWiki. At some point, you’ll find something about all of those systems here.
Sometimes I use plain old HTML and CSS to create a website, along with a healthy dose of PHP, and I write about that here, as well.
If there are other tutorials you would like to see, just let me know using my contact form.
Feel free to comment on any of these posts, if you have questions or comments about that particular post. (I’m happy to offer support about my post, but I’m unable to offer support through comments for specific websites.) You can read my comment policy here.